Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Quick Update

  We made the decision to leave the beach. Yes, my heart is broken. I so loved it there. But with a road that was forever flooding and only one way in, it seemed like the best thing to do. 




This was the view from our deck. We got to see some of the most beautiful sunsets!

Below is a pic of Nora from my Easter photo shoot on Prime Hook Beach


                                       
The past summer was so much fun! We had lots of family and friends over for BBQs, surf fishing and just hanging out on the beach. Nora and I spent many week days taking walks around the neighborhood and on the beach, digging in the sand and collecting shells and rocks- her favorite. She even decided to go swimming with Aunt Jen! Quite often, Danny would come home and find us still out on the beach. What an awesome summer! 

And then came Irene. I'm so thankful we had time to prepare and that it wasn't as bad as they had expected. Here's a few pics of the aftermath. It could have been so much worse...




I tried to tell Kate she could leave her shoes on! Lol Yuck!



this was my garden : (


Prime Hook Road after



No, I do not regret leaving at all!  Now we are so much closer to our friends and family. I even get to see (and feed) my Dad for lunch several times a week! Nora loves seeing her cousin Ella regularly. I'm so thankful that even in the "storm" of things, God is there with a plan. And His are always better than mine :) Now if i could just unpack all the way........

No comments:

Post a Comment